Western Omelet Casserole
Recipe type: Entree
Western Omelet Casserole is a crock pot recipe with hash browns, ham, onions and peppers.
- 32 ounces hash browns, frozen
- 1 pound ham, extra lean, cooked and cubed
- 1 medium onion diced
- 1 medium green bell pepper, diced
- 1½ cups Monterey Jack Cheese, shredder (I plan on using Cheddar)
- 12 eggs
- 1 cup milk, skim
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper, or to taste
- Place a layer of frozen potatoes on the bottom of the crock pot, followed by a layer of ham, then onions, green peppers and cheese.
- Repeat the layering process two or three times, ending with a layer of cheese.
- Beat the eggs, milk and salt & pepper together. Pour over the mixture inside the crackpot, cover and turn on low.
- Cook for 10-12 hours, overnight, and enjoy for breakfast or brunch the next day.